Accidents in Public Places

Anyone who allows access to the public are legally bound to ensure that all public spaces and facilities are reasonably safe.

“All companies and public bodies have a ‘Duty of Care’ that applies to everyone who visits their premises, to ensure that they are not at risk of injury while visiting them; this includes members of the public and employees from other companies.”
Mike Shiers, Partner

What do I need to know?

If you have an accident and it can be proved that insufficient Health & Safety provisions were made, then you may well be entitled to get compensation and Nash & Co have a team of experienced lawyers who are ready to help you with any questions that you may have.

What kind of accidents?

These regulations cover all public places including shops, supermarkets, car park and offices for most accidents such as tripping and slipping, potholes, highways and playground accidents. Local Councils also have a responsibility to ensure that all pavements, roads and bridle paths are clear of defects and well-maintained to avoid accidents.

How can I find out more?

If you have had an accident as a result of defective equipment, or perhaps you have tripped over in a public place due to a poor road surface, please get in touch with us and we will advise you, at no charge, if you have a claim. Get in touch with Mike Shiers or one of his team by calling 01752 827025 or emailing [email protected].